Monday 14 March 2016

A Tale of Two Blogs

I used blogger on our last major holiday that was blog worthy back in 2008 when we visited Japan. I was really happy with it, but for this trip I was keen to try something else.

My best mate John had used travelpod on a few of his holidays, and it looks awesome. I signed up and tried it out. I loved the mapping features. It's truly geared for travel blogging, whereas blogger is suitable for anything but requires customisation.

After signing up I created the first entry (exactly the same as the first entry on this blog). One day later I discovered my account had been suspended. Reading carefully it looks like the links to the tour booking sites were against the terms of service for travelpod.

That's a deal breaker for me. If I can't link to stuff I like and think you will find useful, I can't use the site. Its a real shame, as its well thought out for travel blogging.

So the decision has been made, and blogger it is. Europe, here we come!

Links :-
Our Japan Blog
John's travel blog Europe
John's travel blog USA